Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Man Crates: Shopping for men can be hard!

So AR's birthday was this month. My older brother's birthday was in June. My younger brother's birthday is this month. Thankfully I get a few months off before my Dad's birthday and then it is CHRISTMAS!

shopping for this one is a lot of work!
Am I the only one who thinks showing for men can be hard? Really hard? 

After agonizing over these man gifts for weeks, I was contacted by Man Crates. Man Crates is an awesome company that compiles manly gift "baskets" into crates and ships them to the recipient! As their websites says, 
"We say 'no' to ugly neckties, cologne samplers and executive trinkets. We don't save wrapping paper, we don't do ribbons.
We ship bragworthy gifts for guys. Gifts that you can't wait to arrive because you know the recipient will love opening them.
Gifts that people gather round at the office, people following the sounds of wood being torn from wood by the included, laser-engraved crowbar." 
Man Crates asked me to create my own crate for a man in my life. I was so excited and completely up for the challenge! 

Of course, I first flipped through the numerous crate options on their website and saw their amazing ideas: they have crates for:
coffee lovers (with fresh ground coffee and snacks)
golfers (includes a copy of the movie Caddyshack)  
new daddies (with a cute man "diaper bag")
grill masters (everything a grill lover could need) 
and many many more. I really love that military families save 10% too. 

I picked my older brother, Jesse, as the recipient of my crate. For him, I would create a "You're so Fly Fishing Kit". My brother is an avid fly-fisher and loves new gear, so this would be perfect. I filled my crate with things any fly-fisher would need, whether they are new to the sport, or a veteran

You're So Fly Fishing Kit
Fly-Tying Kit. If you are a serious Fly-Fisher, you tie your own flies. Here is a kit to get started!It comes with everything someone might need to tie their own flies for their next trip. 
- Waterproof Fly Box: Waterproof because fly fishing involved standing in the water and people like me drop things. This is a great place for him to put those new flies in! I like this one too because it is a little larger. 
Waterproof Double-Sided Fly Box

- A hat to block the sun: I chose this nike hat that comes in several colors, but your man may won't something more outdoorsy ;) 
Nike Feather Light Adjustable Hat
- Snacks!! Clif Bars and Jerky are my top two choices for fishing snacks. I would send him a pack of each :) 

Shopping for men can be so hard and these crates are a great way to please the men in your life. No need to wrap the gift or ship it - Man Crates takes care of all of it. I love these as a pick-me-up during finals or busy season at work: who needs a birthday to send a gift? I encourage you to check out the Man Crates Website! 

Any gift buying tips you want to share with me? I'd love your advice and ideas :) 

x0x0, 
Hannah

The thoughts and ideas in this post are completely my own. I was asked to participate in this Man Crates promotion and was not compensated in any way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.