Monday, July 8, 2013

Lately


July 8th already! I was so excited for the fourth, and the following weekend just flew by! I had a wonderful weekend of yummy eats, good workouts, and lots of adventures that I cannot wait to share.  Before the holiday, A and I went to Galveston Island for a day trip at the beach to celebrate A's birthday. We packed sandwiches, snacks, and drinks for the day and left early in the morning. After hours and hours in the sand, we hit the shops downtown, and then headed to The Spot for dinner. I've gone to The Spot in the summer my entire life and I was excited to introduce A to their yummy seafood and amazing hush puppies :)

When we got home, A blew out the candles on his birthday banana pudding (his request!) and I was happy for a warm shower to scrub out all that sand. All in all, a very relaxing and sunny celebration!



I had a fabulous Fourth of July and spent Friday afternoon at the art museum. Saturday morning, A and I did our long run for the week - 12 miles. If you remember my training last week, you know how worried I was about this. It was perfect! I'm getting more disciplined about leaving early and fueling during my runs, which is helping immensely. I was happy with the pace, because it felt comfortable. I was hitting where I wanted to be, but I wasn't struggling at all :)



This week my training looks like:
M- yoga class
T- 3 m + strength work
W- 6 m + yoga
Th- 3 m 
F- cross train
S- 13 m
S - rest

How are you maintaining outdoor fitness in the July heat?

x0x0, 
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.