Sunday, May 19, 2013

Ohmygoodness, this weekend was lovely for so many reasons!

1.On Friday evening, I attended my Teach for America Alumni Induction. I am 14 days away from completing my 2 years as a corp member! Time has flown and I have thoroughly enjoyed 'teaching in the heart' of Texas. The ceremony was lovely and we had so much fun remembering the our adventures. Our city mayor surprised us by attending as well, which was encouraging :)

My hansom date, who came complete with roses and a new tie. 
My dear friend Laura and I, holding our diplomas.
Sweet friends Alex & Katie. We loved our complimenting colored dressed :)
2. The bf and I had an absolutely lazy Saturday and it was perfect. This was our first Saturday without work since Christmas and we were in heaven. I woke up before Aaron and made these Buttermilk Biscuits by Jenn over at Peas and Crayons. I halved the recipe and substituted half whole wheat flour, which was the perfect amount for 2 people (I know, I need to step away from the wheat flour). We even enjoyed it with all my fancy jams &  honey that I bought in London. After breakfast we worked out, ran errands, and went out for frozen yogurt (major guilty pleasure). 
OL snicker-doodle & peanut butter, topped with chocolate chips,
granola, and a drizzle of hot fudge. Yumm.

3. I finally saw the Great Gatsby after finishing the book for the 5th time. I was worried that the movie wouldn't do the book justice, but I loved it. Aaron says he finds my constant chatter during movies endearing, but I need to tone it down before we get kicked out of the theater. I just get so excited. Ooops.

4. We made some amazing Greek chicken burgers, served in pita bread with veggies and yogurt sauce. I promise to post the recipe this week.

5. 10 mile, crazy hill run this morning. We woke up early and got a great start. Even though the temperature was over 80* and the hills were horrible, we loved it. Summer training, here I come!!

Are you one of those people who has to read the book first,like me? Did you like Gatsby? 
Do you do your weekend long runs on Sunday or Saturday? Why? 

Hope your weekend was fabulous!

x0x0,
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.